Thursday, February 10, 2011

So Many Features So Little Time

If your like me when I got my newest addition to my camera collection, you were scratching your head wondering what all of these buttons do. Months later I'm still perfecting and learning what all of those buttons do. For months I shot photos on the auto button which does exactly what the name states. Basically I was on "Camera Auto-Pilot", the images I created were great but never got fantastic results I was looking for. One day I became brave and ventured to an unknown feature on my camera, and have never looked back! My Camera, a Nikon D3000, in total has 13 feauture selections on the dial. Which are:
  1. Guide-helps you get used to using the camera
  2. Auto- Great for fast snap shots
  3. No Flash- obviously No flash
  4. Portrait- Perfect for taking shots of people
  5. Landscape- Nature Shots or Architechture
  6. Soft Ambiance- Ideal for snow shots, on the beach, or newborn portraits (lower ISO Settings)
  7. Action- Ideal for taking pictures of fast moving objects
  8. Close-Up
  9. Night Portrait- uses flash but has a slower shutterspeed ideal use is with a tripod
  10. Manual- Tripod Mandatory (used with Manual Lenses)
  11. Appeture- Priority- This Tells the camera the Color and Exposure of your images are more important than everything else.
  12. Shutter- Priority- Allows you to adjust shutter speeds to create blurs or make moving objects stand still
  13. Programmed- Auto- Perfect for snapshots
We will have future blog posts that shows you how to use the various settings and what they can create, until then experiment with your camera and drop us a line if you have a specific camera you want to know what a odd button does.

No comments:

Post a Comment